We are delighted to share a Lower School Blog, intended to be a resource for parents, faculty, and staff -- including a variety of educational and parenting articles, book reviews and research, as well as some links to school-related and Lower School activities. We hope you’ll enjoy it.

"Perfect Play Date: How to Set Rules Without Looking like a Control Freak" by Sierra Filucci

Perfect Play Date
How to set rules without looking like a control freak.
Recently I was stuck without a babysitter when an important event came up. I reached out to friends on Facebook, and someone was generous enough to watch my kids at the last minute. But when I picked them up, I found out that they'd spent the entire time watching movies and playing video games.

I don't have a problem with a movie or video game here and there, but I've found that too much of either makes my kids a little nutty. And some of the movies they'd watched at my friend's house made me feel uncomfortable, too.

Read  more ... http://www.commonsensemedia.org/new/perfect-play-date